The duties and responsibilities of the Department for Legal Affairs and Monitoring of Municipalities are as follows:
1. Provides legal support in the development of strategic documents in areas falling within the scope of the Ministry;
2. Provides legal support in the development of primary and secondary legislation in areas falling within the scope of the Ministry;
3. Ensures compliance of legislation with the legislation on local self-government;
4. Ensures harmonization of MLGA’s legislation with the EU’s legislation (Acquis Communautaire) and other applicable laws;
5. Reviews the legality of laws issued by municipalities;
6. Ensures implementation of legislation on local self-government from municipalities;
7. Monitors the work of municipalities, i.e. municipal bodies;
8. Prepares periodic reports based on the data collected from the monitoring process of municipalities;
9. Provides recommendations and legal advices to the structures of the ministry and municipalities, upon request.
2. The Head of the Department for Legal Affairs and Monitoring of Municipalities reports to the General Secretary of the MLGA.
VENERA ÇERKINI – Acting Head of Department
+383 (0) 38 200 35 559