The duties and responsibilities of the Department of Municipal Performance and Transparency are as follows:
1. Proposes, drafts and ensures the implementation of capacity development plans in municipalities;
2. Provides support in the implementation of capacity development activities in municipalities;
3. Develops and monitors the system for assessing the performance of municipalities;
4. Monitors the quality of municipal services (performance);
5. Monitors the observance of human rights and communities in relation to the services provided by the municipalities;
6. Monitors gender representation and creation of equal opportunities in municipalities;
7. Monitors the use of official languages in municipalities;
8. Plans and coordinates actions to monitor transparency in local governance;
9. Develops criteria for evaluating municipal transparency;
10. The Head of the Department of Municipal Performance and Transparency reports to the General Secretary.
11. The Department for Performance and Municipal Transparency has seventeen (17) employees.
Head of Department
+ 383 (0) 38 200 35 559